Hello Everyone!

My name is Bruce Mao, and I am come from China.

Here, I have taken some time to reflect on my communication preferences, strengths, and areas for growth. When it comes to communication, I prefer remote platforms such as Discord or E-mail, as they are convenient and efficient for me. I take pride in my ability to convey clear and concise messages, ensuring that my points are well articulated and easily understood. Additionally, I am a good listener which helps me understand others’ perspectives before responding. However, I sometimes struggle with initiating conversations, particularly in large group settings. This is an area where I aim to improve because being more proactive and confident in my communication will enhance my contributions to group discussions.

Meanwhile, I consider myself an introvert which influences my communication style and preference for working during quiet late-night hours around midnight specifically. Being in the PST time zone allows me to focus without distractions at this time of day enabling me to produce my best academic work. When faced with challenges or when upset, I tend to keep my feelings to myself rather than sharing them with others. This introspective nature can sometimes make it difficult for peers to understand my perspective or know when I need support.

Moreover, One aspect of group work that I particularly enjoy is the opportunity to collaborate with others. Working on a project alongside peers is incredibly rewarding as it brings together diverse ideas and fosters creativity. At this time there are no specific dislikes about group work that come immediately come mind but overall looking forward contributing positively within our Learning Pod by understanding each other’s communication styles and preferences so we can create a productive supportive team environment.”